launched in October 2011, Sony Xperia Pro is a stylish looking QWERTY mobile phone powered by Android OS and is one of the few phones with sliding out physical QWERTY keyboard. With Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) pre-installed on it, you can upgrade it to Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) through Sony Update. Xperia pro is a phone from the first edition of the Xperia line.
The Sony Xperia Pro has a 3.7-inch capacitive touch-screen, slider full QWERTY keyboard and as expected from Sony, the Xperia pro Smartphone is powered by mobile BRAVIA engine which optimizes the picture quality and runs at a resolution of 854×480 pixels. It has a 1GHZ Snapdragon processor, an 8.1 mega-pixel camera, 512 MB of onboard RAM, and an 8 GB microSD card (expandable up to 32 GB).
(Xperia Pro is available in black, silver, and red)
The Sony Xperia pro has an aesthetically pleasing design. The home, back and menu keys make navigation of your pages a hassle free experience. The phone has a dedicated single touch camera access key and volume rockers on the right side. The top houses the 3.5 mm audio jack, USB and the power button. An accelerometer and a proximity sensor on this touchscreen smartphone make your user experience interactive and effective.
The Sony Xperia pro supports a Type and Send feature that integrates your messages, mails and social networking from a single screen. A DLNA port on this Sony Ericsson Handset lets you connect to the TV and enjoy entertainment life size. Sony Xperia Pro is powered by a Li-Po 1500 mAh battery. The battery when fully charged is capable of giving you a talk time of up to 6 hours on 2G and 7 hours on 3G. The battery can give you a standby time of 430 hours on 2G and 400 hours on 3G.
Sony Xperia pro Specifications:
|Dimensions:||120 x 57 x 13.5 mm|
|Screen:||3.7 inches LED-backlit LCD touchscreen|
|Resolution:||480 x 854 pixels(~265 ppi pixel density)|
|Camera:||8 MP rear with autofocus, LED flash & VGA Front|
|Operating System:||Android OS, v2.3. Upgradable to Android 4.0|
|Chipset:||Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon|
|CPU:||1 GHz Scorpion|
|Storage:||Internal:1 GB, Expandable up to 32GB.(8 GB included)|
|Connectivity:||WiFi, HDMI TV-out, aGPS.|
|Battery:||Li-Po 1500 mAh|
1. Good social networking integration.
2. Gingerbread OS – tons of apps in market.
3. GPS works well.
4. Sound is LOUD and sweet.
5. 8mp camera with sweep panorama feature.
6. Powerful hardware (1ghz processor, 512mb ram) to complement the features.
7. Excellent screen resolution and clarity (due to bravia engine).
1. A bit bulky, but feels sturdy.
2. Screen consumes a lot of battery. I minimize screen brightness to lower most level.
3. Back cover is shiny, hence can catch scratches easily (i prefer matted/rubberized covers, like that of xperia mini pro).
4. Heavy usage reduces battery life drastically. Could run 1 complete day though with lots of surfing, calling and some gaming.
5. Just after buying, phone was heating up if I was browsing internet for more than 30mins! Firmware upgrade solved the issue.
6. Photos taken in low light isn’t that great.
Price in India: Rs.18000/-
>> visit ebay.in for amazing price.